Saturday, October 31, 2009

Day 6: Meeting Hello Kitty and Rainy Visit at Museum

Travel Date: October 24, 2009

I woke up late due to the weather, cloudy skies and scattered rain showers. After a light breakfast in bed, I went straight to Zhongxiao Fuxing Station. I have visited some malls in the area before going to Hello Kitty Restaurant.

Hello Kitty Restaurant
Location: No. 90, Da An Road, Sec. 1 (near intersection of Da An Road and Zhong Xiao E Road, Sec 4) Zhong Xiao/FuXing MRT
Hours: Sun- Thurs 11:30 AM - 10 PM; Fri- Sat 11:30 AM - 11 PM
As expected, everything is marked with Hello Kitty. The chairs and tables are pink, the walls are painted with Kitty faces. I ordered here tuna and tomato with kiwi shake.

At the lobby, cakes were sold from 120NT to more than a thousand NT.
After my lunch there, I went back to the hotel to meet my friend. In the afternoon, we visited the National Palace Museum, it’s the biggest museum I’ve visited so far. Almost 3 floors of artifacts, old vases, paintings, and mini sculptures. My favorites are the intricate design of a cabbage and small vessels. Picture taking is prohibited inside the museum.

NATIONAL PALACE MUSEUM 国立故宫博物院
Entrance: 160NT
Transportation: Take the MRT Danshui Line to the Shilin Station and take bus R30 (Red 30) or 255 to the National Palace Museum.

We almost spent 2 hours in the Museum. After dinner, we walked to Shilin Market. That place is just a crazy world, it is like in every square meter there is 10-20 people at least. Yes, it was a Saturday night and you should be avoiding this place. If you can visit it on some other time, try to do so. Being there on a weekend night is a big no no.

After a long day and since this is my last night at the hotel, I was thinking of tasting either Heineken (KZ Xiao Tian‘s endorsement) or Taiwan Beer. And this action is not advisable: either you will wake up late the next morning, you’ll missed packing your things, or simply will have a not so good mood at the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my travel tales! I'm a backpacker in Philippines and suitcase traveler in Asia. Love checking low fares and hotel hunting and mostly stay in the middle of the road. Addict in planning and sorting itineraries. Collection includes: paper bills, maps, photos, postcards, stamps and Starbucks mug. Travelling with Nikon D40 and Nikon J1. You can send in your questions about the places I've been to on my email address. Thanks!